Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Oyster of Reminiscence

What i thought to be mine was never mine,
Love was in the air.
I guess not on your life you ever care,
The wisps of love beckoned me,
I was a novice lover,
Never clever,
Tracing the path of relentless maze,
Following a futile mirage,
Heading no where.
Caught in the whirlpool of conflicting reverberations;
Of hollering and hammering consciousness.
I walked and walked towards you with,
Incessant, unremitting willingness to meet you beyond the horizon.
It was excruciating, my heart throbbed,
My mind cluttered.
I mustered my vigor, bulldozed my way through,
Wrecking the opacity of all the my reticent silence.
I showed you that i loved you like no one has ever loved anyone….
The searing trudge in your quest,
Was only to find you bequest,
Your love to an out-lander.
My mirth elated,
I was adrift in the sporadic twirls of serene breeze,
It carried your breath entrenched in glee of new-found love.
I lost you, i lost you forever,
I saw you fade away in evanescent.
May be this is what i deserve,
May be i was meant to preserve.
I embraced my defeat,
Since you vanquished me.
I cloistered each drop of your memory,
In the oyster of my heart.
It stayed, it stayed there voiceless,
Suddenly, my heart sunk,
Breaking the oyster,
Nonplussed, i lay supine on the ground.
The droplets of memories yielded iridescent pearls,
Pearls of resplendent rhapsody,
Tears trickled down when i descried the metamorphosis.
Each pearl was a time machine in an atomic form,
I groped to reach out for one,
On the spur of the moment,
It was such a torment.
Memories flashing back, taking me back on an esplanade,
i grew solemn and began to lament like the blues.
There is no way to make a bolt for it.
I was stuck, stuck inside the walls painted white,
Clasping the oyster brimming with prismatic pearls of your memories….



No comments:

Post a Comment