Wednesday 7 December 2016

STILLNESS



I stood in the middle of nowhere,
Befuddled with the mysticism of clear air.
There s/he was right beside me
holding my wrinkled rain soaked hands; out of nowhere.
For the first time in forever,
my mind didn't waver.
I sunk deep, so deep into that moment of stillness.
So far away was I from my distractedness.
I felt the oneness,
of the trinity of my mind, body and soul.
                   
                                                                      

I've always been an addle head and never really given a thought about anything outside myself. It is not that I am a self-centered snob. I just care so much about the wellness of the trio of my mind, body and soul as they make me. I hail from a place lush with green environ. Life to me is magical, filled with vivid vibrant images of nature captured by my eyes. I am a solitary hermit wandering around in harmony with nature. I talk to the  trees, mountains, clouds, breeze and all the direct products of the nature. Really, I had magical vibe with which I tune into the nature and listen to multitude of voices given off by the it.
I never really had a lot of human conversations except for my family. But now I live in midst of the hullabaloo of the city. I was totally overwhelmed by the accelerated lifestyle of the people. I suddenly realized I have become this tiny little naïve flower somehow is miraculously alive in crowded streets of this city. I felt lost the potential to connect with the nature and live in quite placidity. I couldn't override the distractions and the unvarying movement my fellow human beings. I was caught in the metaphysical dilemma of existence, change and stability. Suddenly, one fine day I went out, bought a  ticket for the last station for the next local train and boarded the train. I observed every possible details around. I just kept imbibe the imbued images with my eyes  (I will spare you the details of it).
I came back home sat in a corner, closed my eyes  and let it all seep in. I savored all those memories gushing inside my head inundating my soul. I disengaged myself from my immediate surrounding to engage with another realm, wherein I was sifting through the experiences I had earlier that day. My engagement with the myself put me a trance that was transcendental. After a long time I relived and reattached myself with that macrocosmic oneness that fascinates me. I finally got a grip of myself in the form of memories, imagination, speculation and interpretation of the world in which I live now. It is the tranquility of the stillness that saved me. It taught me self-acceptance and self care for in the end all that matters in being humane and to be so one has to resort to stillness to winnow out the bad and retain only the good. Stillness to me is the only way to enter the cosmic oneness vested inside of us which is nothing but a fragment of this multiverse.
                                                                                       - Ramya Rajakannan














No comments:

Post a Comment